Lots of people keep asking me what some of my highlights were this year / on my blog and if I did any fun activities which I kept up.
…and if you know me, you know that I’ve don’t remember those kind of things, which is why I have blogs like this and a billion different lists to keep track of things.
…but overall it’s a great question and I thought it would be fun to summarise what I did this year and if I continued with any activities.
Most Proud – Meditating – currently on a 36 day streak
Most Fun – Volleyballing and winning a tournament
Most Random – Modelling – yep, random, but good fun
Most Challenging – Full Marathon – 3h 53min
Most Hated (by everyone else) – Movember – and raising $1.5k as a team
Most Embarrassing – Gambling – and never doing it again
Most Time Consuming – Bleach – got completely sucked into watching it
Most Useful – Coding – lots of it and having my own website
Here is a summary of some of the things that happened this year:
- Beach Volleyball – lots and lots of it, until we finally won a tournament 🙂 + watching a World League game
- Lots of gyming
- Fencing – sport and fear combined for ultimate fitness results
- Werewolf – lots of werewolf, which I played a couple of times over the course of the year + played a game with our entire company of 30+ people
- Computer games – thank god, didn’t keep that one up, neither Pokemon Go
- Settlers of Catan – played it 2-3 times again during the year, unfortunately not nearly enough!
- Dungeons & Dragons – read the whole couple hundred pages manual and playing a simplified version with our Dev Team once a month 🙂
- Bleach – incredible series and I got sucked into it – started watching in week 48 and now in week 68 I’m on episode 310 😛 This one escalated a little
- Festivals & Events
- Work related
- Lawn Bowls – fun Australian sport, which we played a couple of times
- Escape the Casino – escape the room!
- LinkedIn Article – writing down my thoughts and I’m keen to keep it up for a couple more articles
- Audit – nope, I’m never going into Audit
- Unit Economic Analysis – super interesting and helpful to understand the company
- A little HR – even though we didn’t go ahead until now with FlareHR yet
- Movember – and raising $1.5k as a team
- Joylent – the drink which saves you time and money, loved it so I ordered another 3 months worth of “food”
- Meditating – continued it past the initially planned 7 days and am already on a 36 day streak (I’ve been meditating for 10 mins every single day since I started)
- Proer – an attempt to get a project of the ground which failed but was a good learning experience
- Modelling – basically walking around with a bag
- Gambling – yep, never did that one again
- Moving to Bondi Junction, to North Bondi, to Coogee
- Kidney Stones – and I survived and they didn’t come back
- Selling Shoes – but that one failed a little bit
- Tidy Me – getting a cleaner
- Fire warden training
- Catamaran cruise
- Buying houses – with a trip outstanding in February